Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Recovery

Tuesday, December 20

Poor Lil B is so incredibly frustrated with his physical limitations.  He feels good, so he doesn't understand that he can't do whatever he wants.  Yesterday afternoon he ask if he could get on this tractor outside.  After I told him no a couple of times, he turned into a broken record....asking over and over again, each time with a louder and faster request. He did this until he was finally crying and screaming at me. A full fledged temper tantrum. Campbell was trying to (at first) be firm and tell him to stop and (then, second) reason with him.  I told her he was frustrated and just let him get it out.  After about 15 minutes, he finally calmed down and we were able to distract him with some 'arts n crafts' activities.  I figured the tantrum wasn't too bad and to be honest I probably would have done the same.  The crazy thing is about 2 hours later I was laying down with him watching TV and during a commercial, he quietly said "Mommy, I'm sorry for throwing  a temper tantrum." I felt so bad.  He knows he shouldn't have thrown one and feels bad for it, but I feel like if there was ever one that was justified, that was the one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment