Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Break in Review

With this December being so crazy, I have gotten behind in posting, so I am going to catch up today!!

To kick off Christmas Break, Clarksville Academy had their Christmas Program.  Campbell (in the rainbow hat and scarf) played her recorder...... 





 and sang the song: " Winter Walk" with her grade.




After the performance was over, Christmas Break started.


Buddy, the Elf has been with us since Thanksgiving weekend! He has found some pretty crazy places to hang out!! This would be one of them!




December 19th, Monday was my birthday. Since I was really hoping for a relaxing day, but the kids were so funny.  They were so excited it was my birthday, you would have thought it was their brithday's.  Lil Ben woke me up in the morning with kisses and saying  "Happy Birthday, mommy...mommy, wake up, mommy, Happy Birthday!" I couldn't help but laugh!! He was the first one in the house to wish me Happy Birthday- and he did it all on his own!! So much for sleeping in!


Since Lil Ben still couldn't leave the house, Ben came home and made a Hananoki style meal of steak, lobster and fried rice.  It was pretty awesome!! Here the kids are watching me open my gifts.

I felt so bad for Lil Ben.  He had begged and begged for me to open my presents all day, but me being traditional, I wanted to wait until after dinner and cake- but he wouldn't take a nap and so he fell asleep.  We tried to wake him (as you can see) but he was so grumpy we put him back in the bed.  He didn't even get to sing Happy Birthday or eat any cheesecake! Luckily he never said anything the next morning- which I was glad he didn't remember!! 


This was the picture that Campbell drew and colored for me! I was very surprised! As you can see, I am not dressed for public viewing, still in pj's! But this was a nice memory so I had to include it!



December 24th: Christmas Eve (Saturday)
We backed cookies during the day on Christmas Eve. Here Campbell and Lil Ben are helping me out!!






As Christmas Eve came to a close, Big Ben read "THe NIght Before Christmas" to the kids! An Annual tradition! Although I took numerous pictures, the older kids looked bored in all of them- except for this one! Lil Ben must have said something funny.




Since we ended up shopping at the last minute this year, we had to move the Family Christmas celebration from its normal Christmas Eve to Christmas Day.  So we let each kid open a gift before they went to bed.  AnnaMichelle told me that I was not to put this on facebook.....this doesn't count, right?


Campbell, got the art set she wanted!


Shelby, loved the CA colored Abercrombie shirt!


Lil Ben loved his "Cars" Themed art supplies (to keep him out of Campbell's art supplies)


They put cookies and milk out for Santa. Campbell even put carrots outside for the reindeer!


Then, right before they went to bed, we took one last picture with Buddy, the elf! I will have to say that I was sad to see him go!! I will miss!! Waiting for next Thanksgiving! (You can see Buddy sitting on the step above Campbell's stocking)


December 25th: Christmas (Sunday)
Upon waking up, Campbell took on the job of reading the note that Santa left for the kids. He told them what he was proud of from the last year and what they needed to work on. 


Lil Ben was so excited about the BatCave that Santa brought. As you can see in the picture, he is already eyeing the rest of the presents! (AnnaMichelle and Shelby each got Ipod  docks and Campbell got a sleeping back from Santa)


We invested in MarioKart this year. So each kid opened a piece of it.  They usually end up with one gift that is for all of them to share.


Campbell always has the best look on her face when she opens gitfs. So she has two pictures posted below. Here, she is opening her Sperrys.


And here, she is opening her Northface jacket.  She was so proud of this gift, we found it a couple of hours later, with her name already on the tag!!


Later in the day, Gramma and Poppy came over to eat with us.  The kids (and Big Ben) wanted to show them MarioKart! It was an awesome source of entertainment!

Once Brandi and the boys got to our house, the gift opening began! Here, AnnaMichelle is studying the "Quarter Book" that Gramma slaved over (for months)! She made one for each of the 6 kids!! 




Bryson opening a gift.


Lil Ben showing off his new gun.  Look at that smile!




Brandi, with her awesome laugh! Opening a gift. I love you, sis! Thanks again for being flexible and coming over on Christmas Day instead of Christmas Eve!


My handsome husband. 18 years together on December 29th and I love him more now than ever.


Shelby being goofy.


Braydon and Poppy trying out Braydon's new gift!


Lil Ben and Poppy, trying out Lil Ben's new gift!









No comments:

Post a Comment