Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thinking Back to 2002

This morning on the way to school, the kids and I noticed a house that still had their Christmas tree up and the lights were on!! I couldn't help but reminisce about the year 2002......  That was the year that we had our tree up past Valentine's day. I remember it because we had a family member babysitting the kids while Ben and I were in school (me in the MBA program at Belmont and Ben in Law School).  While she was babysitting AnnaMichelle and Shelby, they made Valentines and decorated the tree with them!!! I came home from school that night and couldn't help but laugh!

It was no wonder it was up so long that year:  That was the year we lost a close family friend, very unexpectedly, at the beginning of January. Then my Grandfather passed away 2 weeks later and I had to go out of town for the funeral.  Then when I returned, I had to pack again, because I was going to London for 7 days as part of my MBA program.  Ben and I were both working full time (me as the Director of General Care Nursing Home and Ben as a law clerk at his current office) and we were both going to school 2 to 3 nights a week!! We were both graduating that year (Ben in June and me in August). Taking the Christmas tree down was simply not a priority!!

So of course, after telling this story to the kids, they all laughed and said: "We decorated the tree with hearts?!"  LOL, should have known that was the part of the story they would focus on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment